Remodeling your home doesn’t have to be expensive in order for it to look beautiful. There are many simple remodeling ideas that are easy to do and are easy on the pocket as well. If you are one of those people who are very good at DIY projects, then you’re in for a treat. Below are some of the best tips to help you start remodeling your home.
Six Remodeling Tips To Learn From
- Change the paint on the walls – You can instantly transform a room by changing the color of the walls, ceilings, and floors. Instead of being content with boring old eggshell white, consider changing the color of the walls into something more vibrant like bright green or sky blue. You can use 2 or more colors within the same room if you feel like it.
- To DIY, simply clean the walls to remove dust, dirt, and grease spots as these can ruin the paint. Dip a sponge in water mixed with a mild dishwashing detergent and rinse with clean water. Once completely dry, paint the edges or the trim of the walls first. You may want to use tape in order to ensure that the ceiling, windows, or doors won’t get paint on them. Then using a roller brush you can fill in the rest of the wall.
- If DIY is not your thing, you can ask your local paint store to tell you if they also offer painting as part of their services. You can also call a local contractor to help you paint your house. Ask them for references from their other clients so that you can ask their clients if they are fully satisfied with the contractor’s service.
- Move the furniture around – This is one of the simplest and cheapest ways to remodel a room. Best of all, it doesn’t cost a cent! Look online for rooms with similar layout, size, and shape as yours. This way you can see the outcome before moving all those heavy furniture. It will save you time and effort. Rearrange your furniture similar to the ones you found online and tweak it until you feel satisfied with how your room looks.
- Add accents – A plain room can be transformed by adding accents like lamps, throw pillows, small tables, and chairs. To DIY, simply pick a theme for the room and buy coordinating colors and accents that will complement the design of your choice. If you pick a beach inspired room, you can add paintings of the sea or paint the walls with the colors found at the beach. Add throw pillows in nautical colors and put in some seashells as table centerpieces and you got yourself a great looking beach inspired room.
- Make something new out of old furniture – Scour the flea markets and find old furniture that’s still in good shape. You can also use your own old furniture if you have some ling around. You can turn an old bookcase into a bench for the mudroom or use an old wooden ladder to hang towels in the bathroom. Make an old drawer look modern with bright paint and a new set of knobs. Needless to say, there are so many things you can do with old furniture.